Healthcare Chatbot – For a Better Patient Experience!
Nov 15, 2021
The use of AI-enabled solutions in healthcare is moving beyond a simple one-way transfer of information. Now more than ever, patients find themselves relying on digital assistants like Chatbot that reminds them to take their medications on time, schedule appointments, connect them with payers, etc. Medical professionals are also leveraging these Chatbots to simplify patient care and cut unnecessary costs.
Chatbots and Healthcare
Conventionally, there’s a lot of pressure on healthcare professionals. Everything was done manually – from responding to patient inquiries and scheduling appointments to maintaining patient records to follow-ups.
The introduction of Chatbots has mitigated the burden on medical professionals. By providing easy & quick access to information and enabling a more personalized mode of interactions. Chatbots are helping providers deliver medical services more effectively and bridge the gap between patients and healthcare experts. From contacting patients, scheduling their appointments, and managing medications to assist with uncomplicated medical issues, Chatbots is a boon to the healthcare system and for the patients for hassle-free treatment.
Here are a few other benefits of RPA in healthcare:
- Appointment Scheduling: The chatbots can schedule appointments for patients based on doctor’s availability. Chatbots inquire patients about their health issues and schedules appointment with their corresponding doctors.
- Providing Patient Information: Before and after a consultation, many inquiries start to pour in, like sleep routine, diet, medications etc. Chatbots are easily able to furnish the answers for these queries to the patients. It can also take the Patients through post-operational procedures.
- 24*7 Chat Support: Chatbots are available 24*7*365 and can assist patients whenever required. Patients can get their answers at any moment or any odd hours without the need to wait for the working hours to start.
- Assessment of Symptoms: By asking patients various questions, chatbots can assess their symptoms. This was very helpful during the Covid-19 Pandemic; patients could connect with the right doctors and provide them with their constant health updates.
- Update on Lab Reports: The chatbots can keep track of the lab reports and provide it to the patients whenever needed. It also enables the patients to get information regarding nearby labs and the rate charts.
- Internal Team Coordination: Chatbots are also beneficial for internal staff coordination. It can help in internal record-keeping, which will make the critical information readily available to the staff. The internal team can also access information like appointments, medications, follow-up dates, check-up reports which further saves time.
- Feedback Collection: Chatbots also conduct conversational surveys. Through these surveys, it gathers feedback and suggestions from the patients. It stores this information and later uses them to develop its system.
Future of Healthcare
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the requirement for chatbots has increased to furnish healthcare assistance without risking the lives of medical workers. And this dependency on chatbots is expected to grow in the coming years, which might further increase chatbot implementation scope in the future.